Dimensions & materials
- Castrated billygoat skin (very very thick)
- 10 m of pre-stretched hilyard Ø4 mm (black)
- 20 m of pre-stretched halyard Ø5 mm (black)
A product of African craftsmen (Mali)
Djembe mounting and repairing - Ropes and very very thick shaved castrated billygoat skin for djembe
This djembe mounting and repair kit contains:
- 1 very very thick shaved Sahel castrated billygoat skin (width : from 60 to 75 cm, length : from 65 to 90 cm, thickness : from 1,5 to 1,8 mm)
- 10 m of Ø4 mm prestretched polyester rope (black)
- 20 m of Ø5 mm prestretched polyester rope (black)
We advise using a castrated billygoat skin to percussionists who are looking for a very warm sound, with almost no harmonics.
It is equally important to choose a thick shell, with a high quality dry wood to mount this type of replacement skin for djembe or drum head. Indeed, the risk of deformation is higher when using very very thick goat skins or cowhides.
Overall product rating : 4.7 / 5
1 year ago
allways good skins and rope....the last one had a small indentation in the middle which refused to stretch away entirely .....sound is not affected though just the visuals
2 years ago
Un’beatable’ (haha) for the price. Just brought two of my djembe’s back to life with this ropes and skin kit. Love it! Thanks AP! Drums brought back to life beating the worries away!
2 years ago
Perfect! Every time again!